Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tuesday Twist: Fall is Here

Even though it's a day past Halloween I know some of us still like to be on the spookier side of things so some of my Tuesday Twist is still for those who like to be scared or love some suspense!!!

Let's check out this weeks awesome first sentences!

First Sentences:
1. My name is Kinsey Millhone.
2. What year these transpired is of no consequence.
3. The knocking at her door early Thursday afternoon might have sounded angry to an ear unschooled in the difference between panic and a bad mood, but Marie Toussaint knew better.

Reveal:
1. Mystery
2. Suspense
3. Suspense

What do you think of these? Any catch your eye? I'm not much for horror, watching movies scares me enough... picking up a book with  my imagination? FORGET ABOUT IT!

10 comments:

Lindsay N. Currie said...

Aw Jen, I'm so happy to see one more Halloween post *sniff sniff* I'm so sad it's OVEEERRRRR!

Anyway, I like #2 a great deal. I love the tone and the matter of face, yet sinister verbage.

Jessica Bell said...

Don't mind thriller and suspense, as long as they're psychological, but I hate horror!

April Plummer said...

I say #3!

April Plummer said...

And I'm with Jessica Bell - not a fan of horror, especially when it's otherworldly...but psychological or criminal suspense and thrills...LOVE!

LynnRush said...

None of these really catch my attention much. But I'm not much into mystery and suspense :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Second one catches my eye.

Elana Johnson said...

I love reading horror, because I can imagine in cartoons. But watching it? Um, NO.

And I like #3. Great visuals there.

Jennifer Hillier said...

I love the sounds of #2. Very strong and enticing opening sentence!

Belle said...

I like number 3 the best. I'm sorry Halloween is over too.

Sarah Tokeley said...

I love Kinsey Millhone :-)